1) Students will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of media industry with along with practical and theoretical concepts of Journalism & Mass Communication
2) Students will identify, define and investigate information and ideas related to issues and opportunities in Journalism & Mass Communication
3) Students will be able to explore information and use digital literacy in capturing information from various media sources and develop innovative solutions
4) Students will be able to think critically, creatively, and demonstrate curiosity to discover new horizons in Journalism & Mass Communication
5) Students will be able to speak proficiently, clearly & effectively while presenting the concepts and their diversifications in Journalism & Mass Communication
6) Students will be able to demonstrate imitativeness & enthusiasm while working in collaborative teams in successful implementation of concepts in Journalism & Mass
7) Students will be able to understand the global media issues & recognize the opportunity and challenges that they present while operating in different cultures.
8) Students will understand and practice the highest standards of ethical behavior in their professional and personal life. They also acknowledge and appreciate the importance of diversity in their personal life.
9) Students will be able to think creatively & evaluate the opportunities available from the creative environment of Journalism and Mass Communication to identify career or develop their own ventures.
10) Students will be capable to create continuous learning environment for engaging themselves to update with new knowledge in Journalism and Mass Communication.
- Demonstrate knowledge of theoretical and empirical bases underpinning the construction, implementation and interpretation of communication theories, practical understanding of various aspects of mass communication
- Demonstrate skills required to participate in, design and implement research projects and discuss issues and ideas related to the field of journalism and mass communication.
- Develop skills and ability to adopt online tools, modules, interfaces to build journalism capital, search relevant information and operate various softwares.
- Analyze critically, independently and creatively identify and formulate cases, issues, solutions related to journalism and mass communication.
- Display active listening in form of active listening while handling sources, employee etc. and be able to interpret the verbal and non-verbal communication cues and interpersonal skills.
- Develop range of leadership skills and exhibit initativeness while working in collaboration and demonstrate ability to work in team with self awareness of personal strengths and limitation.
- Assess global issues from different perspectives and apply them in the field of journalism and mass communication.
- Demonstrate highest level of ethical conduct; discuss professionalism and professional responsibility when involved in news gathering, advertising and other activities at the work place.
- Discuss and demonstrated professional skills which will lead to employability and exhibit capability to pursue alternate career paths such as setting up their own production houses, newspapers, advertising agencies, doctoral training, post doctoral research and advanced training certifications.
- Students shall develop ability and inquisitiveness to continuously update themselves with respect to the recent trends in field of journalism and mass communication.
- Develop and demonstrated empathetic and compassionate feelings so that they are able to deal with sources, subjects and co-workers.